Early Monday morning the boys approached me..."So Mama, Ryan (neighborhood friend who goes to school) told us that today is like a holiday or something." Long pause. I asked them if they wanted to celebrate it and Leo said, "But we don't even know what Labor Day is!" So after a quick computer search and a discussion of unions and child labor, we took the rest of the day off. Why not!
Thursday, September 4, 2008
Labor Day
Early Monday morning the boys approached me..."So Mama, Ryan (neighborhood friend who goes to school) told us that today is like a holiday or something." Long pause. I asked them if they wanted to celebrate it and Leo said, "But we don't even know what Labor Day is!" So after a quick computer search and a discussion of unions and child labor, we took the rest of the day off. Why not!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That is how I like to spend my days.
Post a Comment